Sunday, August 10, 2014

I Killed My Comment Section

Blogging is funny and people are fickle.  I was getting a nice group of comments on each blog until I published Does Wildlife Prefer Non GMO?.  I went to link it here for reference and it was gone.  I will have to see where it went!  I guess you can't talk about certain things without people crawling out of the woodwork and saying things that other people say the heck with and leave.  At least they quit commenting, that's for sure.

One friend explained I shouldn't let certain people comment and he's right but I've always kept an open forum and I hope an open mind.  Some people don't think so!

I am finishing up my IRM project for the summer and I ran into the same thing this week.  I called on a farmer and got really upset that he was being audited two years in a row.  He got so upset he called his dealer and told them where they stick their seed and he could buy somewhere else.  He called his DSM which also got upset and wondered how in the world I got that list.  It was just passed through the channels down to me.

I hope it has blown over by now but one angry person can ruin a bunch of people's day!  I don't run into that too much thankfully and steps will be taken to see that doesn't happen again.  I guess I need to do the same thing here.

Today is another day for the Ohio Valley Antique Machinery Show.  Maybe LuAnn and I can go down and enjoy it and be good company to each other.  We both need that right now.  I helped her a little twice this week.  Her job has been a real zoo with semi loads of bird feeders moving in and out of her small building for repackaging and distribution.  I know she has been stressed and I have tried to be understanding.  She has been very understanding to my needs too, and I know it must work both ways.

If you have comments, please continue making them.  I enjoy your comments and they add much to my blog because they add to my thinking and perspective.  Don't let one bad apple spoil your barrel and I will try to do a better job!

I really want to print a book for each year of this blog as it has my life story in it for the last five years.

Thanks,

Ed

11 comments:

  1. Feel sorry for miserable people; the way they treat others is a sign of their lack of inner peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep blogging Ed. I always enjoy your blog, but I'm not much of a commenter. That sure is a good looking tractor, took off last Sunday and took the family to our local Antique Tractor show at Brooks, Ore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't see how posting photos of IH tractors with v-8 engines would offend anyone. I do know of a vintage John Deere which has been modified to accept a Slant Six and I assume that would offend many people. I often post videos of the worst singer in history, the Legendary Stardust cowboy, but yet 46 people look at my blog nearly every day.
    I have a hard time believing that anyone would have anything but appreciation for my insightful and always on topic comments and would want you to filter out comments made by Budd E. Shepherd.
    But, alas! It is truly a dogs life that I do live...

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read about things like this http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=400078&mid=3181400#M3181400 that you have said I see a clear agenda. And many others are seeing it to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ed Winkle Agenda, what a laugh. Yeah, Ed just joined NAT yesterday and suddenly started spouting ant-Monsanto propaganda cause like he is one of those new-fangled progressive folks who want to destroy the 8,000 acre family farm by raising questions about overuse of certain chemicals.
      You never know, he might suddenly start using gramoxone again or heaven forbid! One of those new-fangled cover crop rollers, cause like he just started no-tilling and farming YESTERDAY...
      Morons...
      I have to get back on NAT. Trolling could be quite entertaining.

      Delete
  5. What happened to Chimel? I always enjoyed his comments.

    David Seck

    ReplyDelete
  6. So did I. What happened to him? ;)
    Sorry, I had some kind of medical crisis 2 weeks ago, after losing 100 lbs in 10 months, I was also losing part of my mind, and I really did not have much to spare to start with...
    I gained back 10-15 lbs since, in good healthy eating, so it's all good now.
    But I am moving back to France end of the month, so I won't have much time for comments until then; Plus Ed would probably disable them if I complain or write angrily too much... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chimel your commentary always makes me think. I appreciate that. Get well. Best wishes

    David Seck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, all. Today's blog needed editing so I just fixed it. I have not found the offending blog to link.

    Yes I have an agenda. Honor God and try to obey His guidelines which means to take care of my family and help my fellow man.

    Budde, I stick silly pictures in here sometimes, this one had nothing to do with anything other than I took it Saturday and liked it.

    Chimel, I haven't disabled anyone's comments so I sure wouldn't disable yours. Some people think I should.

    Thanks again everyone.

    Ed Winkle

    ReplyDelete
  9. That came out wrong, too! I didn't mean to say that some people think I should disable Chimel's comments, they think I should delete and disable some other people!

    I am just happy you guys read my gibberish at all. God sends me some good ideas I like to explore. If it weren't for Him, I wouldn't be farming or blogging at all.

    2009, I didn't even know what a blog was and now I have a day by day record of my life I can show my grand children if they ever become interested.

    Maybe I should hope they never do!

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why would you remove any comments other than spam or profanity?
    Since Chimel is being used as an example, I would say that Chimel's comments are always interesting even if I am not always in agreement. Chimel is not rude or annoying. The only thing that really bugs me about Chimel is I can't figure out if Chimel is male or female.
    I would say that if you are banning people it should be the people who send you suggestions for people to ban. They obviously have their underwear much too tight and it could be cutting of circulation to their brains.

    ReplyDelete